Send Me

Scan-001

God is sending me.  He is sending our whole family on a new adventure.

I have struggled with this all year…I have posted about it many times.  What was I wanting vs what God was wanting.  It can be so hard to discern!  Until I finally started praying to God…just slam shut the doors you don’t want me to walk through and make it abundantly clear which one was open for me.

He used this song by Lauren Daigle to help me trust Him—every stinking time I got in the car it was on the radio for 3 weeks.  Every time!  So I put in the new VBS songs I was supposed to be learning and this song stuck in my head so that I sang them constantly…the lyrics are:

Wherever you go, I go, I’ll follow

Anywhere you lead me yes I’ll go,

Wherever you send me.

And He came through.  He slammed.  And He opened only one door and He opened it wide.

So we are moving…to Iowa.  I am going to teach kindergarten through 6th grade art in tiny Belmond, Iowa.  I am excited to be teaching, I loved the school and staff, the room.  I am excited to be back near family (only 1 hour!).  My heart felt peace and calm in the gorgeous rural, quiet little town–and I am ready to raise my kids in that environment.

But that doesn’t make it easy to leave my friend/family here.  I am struggling with that.  And I still question (silly human side) every time I have to tell someone here–is this right???

So God sent me these verses this very morning about Jesus for my prayer war book for the week.  It wasn’t what my devotion was about…I was reading earlier in the chapter.  But Jesus’ red words popped out at me and my eyes were led…by the Holy Spirit I am sure.

God is sending me.  He knows it is hard.  He understands people don’t want to let His good and faithful followers who spread light go.  But He knows of needs in other towns.  He is sending me.  I am so sure of this.  More and more and more.

I just have to trust!

Go, Tell, and make disciples of all nations--spread the good news.

9 Responses to Send Me

1. Tina Doskocil May 23, 2016 at 7:28 am #

When you told me, I knew this was a God thing. I know teaching kids is your passion and this job will be awesome! We will be sad to see you go, but we will treasure this last year of getting to know you. With Lauren entering Jr. High in the fall, youth meets on Thursday nights. I was not looking forward to making a decision on what we would be doing. It is also a God thing that the art class door was shut ensuring us that Lauren should be going to youth group. Decision made, and I didn’t have to worry about it. 🙂 Nicole, we love you and look forward to enjoying your words and art on your blog and facebook. 🙂

2. Nicole Plymesser Nelson May 23, 2016 at 10:25 am #

Thank you! I loved getting to know you as well!

3. Anonymous May 24, 2016 at 8:07 am #

Wow!! Our retiring art teacher (from Belmond) had your link on facebook this morning. I think God has answered our prayers!!! I have 2 grandsons attending and can’t wait to meet you in person. You are going to love this community.
    welcome
    Mary Hawley

4. Kenneth Bock May 24, 2016 at 8:25 am #

Welcome to Belmond – Wish you and your family a big welcome You will love it – Jacki & Kenny Bock

5. Nicole Plymesser Nelson May 24, 2016 at 8:50 am #

Thank you so much!

6. Nicole Plymesser Nelson May 24, 2016 at 8:50 am #

Thank you so much Mary! God is good like that isn’t He! Can’t wait to meet everyone.

7. Anonymous May 24, 2016 at 9:45 am #

So excited to have you joining our community and wonderful school staff. Belmond has a great way of becoming home and stealing your heart. So blessed that God has led you here!

8. Carol Bailey May 24, 2016 at 9:55 am #

Welcome to Belmond, Nicole!! I look forward to meeting you!! It is good to know that our former Christian art teacher is being replaced by another Christian teacher. God is good . . . all the time.
    ~ Carol Bailey

9. Melissa Elko May 24, 2016 at 11:28 am #

You will be awesome art teacher at Belmond!! I am glad my sister was involved with getting a new art teacher!! My sister Lynnette Clark is awesome art teacher that you are replacing her!! There was times she had ask me how do I teach someone who needed extra help for they had special needs. I am not art teacher but I taught several disabilities adults in doing art and crafts projects!! I felt honor to assist my sister of how to teach blind person to paint to how to teach a person who has only 1 hand to cut the crafts. I love the song you posted!! I believe the Lord sent you to the right job!! Christian songs are what will get you through the days of teaching!! I hope you get to visit with my sister and become best friends!! God bless you!! Melissa Elko from Fremont,Iowa